My Christian life has been sweet, to say the least. Meeting Jesus is the best thing that has happened to me and my life.
This joy that I have is available for everyone.
If you haven’t experienced it, please say this prayer.
“Heavenly father, I’m empty without you. I want to feel the joy and warmth that comes from a relationship with You, Lord Jesus, I surrender my life to you, make it yours.”
Welcome to the family of Christ.
You’re now a Kingdom citizen, get a bible, a book and a pen, join a bible believing church close to you and get filled with the Holy Spirit with the evidence of speaking in tongues.
I carry the Spirit of God – the same Spirit that raised Jesus Christ from the dead on my inside but there are still times when it doesn’t feel like it.
There are times when I feel everything but spiritual. Times when I feel numb and void of God’s presence. Are you familiar with this?
Different things could be responsible for this; an attack from the devil, challenges, polluted atmospheres, a dying prayer and Word life etc.
What do you do when it feels like God has left you?
I devised five ways to come out of this.
- Be still : It may not actually be that you’re spiritually unhealthy; you may just be too occupied and overwhelmed. The first thing to do when you’re so busy that it feels like God has left you, is to stop! There are dimensions of God that you can’t see in a busy atmosphere.
Psalms 46:10 KJV: Be still, and know that I am God: I will be exalted among the heathen, I will be exalted in the earth
- Meditate ; The Word of the Lord is very powerful. The Bible is beyond just a “book”. It is a compendium of mysteries. If sensitive enough, you can actually hear God through constant meditation and reading of the Bible.
Psalms 4;4KJV: Stand in awe, and sin not: commune with your own heart upon your bed, and be still. Selah.
- Worship : Sincere and deep worship in reverence to God, draws His Presence to you. Worship is one of the fastest ways to ascend God’s presence. It’s beyond just music so whether you’re playing worship from your phone or singing with your mouth, your heart must be in tune and aligned. Staying in an atmosphere of worship is called “soaking” in the spirit; this is one of the prices of intimacy with the Holy Spirit.
- Pray in tongues : Tongues are languages in the realm of the Spirit. When you pray in tongues, there is a response in the spiritual realm because it is a language that identifies you as a spiritual being. Praying in tongues or praying in the Spirit is communicating with God and not man. One of the lies the devil uses to deceive Christians is that praying in tongues is not for everyone. The only way to pray effectively is to pray in the spirit. Praying in tongues will revolutionalize your prayer life.
- Fellowship : There are times when I feel like I am spiritually dehydrated and what I do is to go to the midst of Christians to ride on the wings of fellowship in unity. There is a church, fellowship, spiritual movement, youth fellowship et cetera, close to you. Find your way there and soak. This is one of the easiest keys because you’re stepping into an already made atmosphere to tap into what’s available there.
Finally, always be concious of the fact that you carry God’s Spirit.
Have a great weekend, see you next week!