Happy Friday guys!
I’d love to tag today #CoupleCrushFriday
If you read my blog then you probably already know that I’m a “family person” but you may not know that I’m a “love person” too.
I love Love.
As much as I love kids and family, I’d still cherish time with my husband ♥.
I look forward to great times in marriage.
Everything you want has a model. No matter how “new” your dreams seem, there’s always someone who has done something similar, someone you can look up to and learn from while you input your own peculiarity.
I have couples I really admire and follow faithfully. One of which is my parents; I’ve learnt love, sacrifice, prayer and humility from them so my major couple crush are my parents.
Outside home, I have quite a number of people whose marriages are a representation of what I think marriage should be and I thought it right to share some with you guys.
For each couple, I’ll share at least one lesson their marriage has taught me.
1. Pastor Toure and First Lady, Pastor Sarah Roberts : Whoever knows me very well would have predicted this before they even saw it. Sarah Jakes Roberts is the daughter of Bishop TD Jakes.
Sarah Jakes is my role model for many reasons, the major reason is that I share A LOT of peculiarities with her. I’ve followed her life for some years now and I greatly admire her so it was only normal for me to fall in love with her marriage with Toure.
There’s a whole lot to say about her and I hope to make a blog post about her, soon. Touré Roberts and his wife Sarah Jakes Roberts are co-pastors of One Church L.A. Touré has been named one of America’s top 100 influencers under 45 by TheRoot.com. He is the author of Purpose Awakening.
Their first date was a unique and amazing one. Sarah narrated; “He picked me up at my hotel and I remember that from the moment that I saw him when I got off the elevator I felt vulnerable and naked. Not naked like he’s looking at me, but naked like, I don’t think I can hide anything from him. There is something within me that wanted to be the truest version of myself with him. There was something that made me feel safe. Everything from him watching how I came down the stairs to him opening the door for me at the restaurant, it made me feel like for the first time in a very, very long time, I could be a soft, feminine, dainty woman and fall into the arms of a real man that could hold me down.” Lessons: Toure and Sarah have taught me love in spite of flaws and failings. They also taught me that there’s no one who does not deserve to be loved. From them, I’ve also learnt the power in getting a partner who knows the Word and prays. Toure’s line for asking Sarah out was “I want to serve you” that’s enough lesson for the guys. Selah.
Finally, I learnt how important it is to honor your partner. Toure always listens with rapt attention when Sarah speaks and Sarah does likewise; no room for familiarity.
2. Capt Tunde Demuren and Tolu (Toolz) Oniru : Captain and his princess tied the knot in 2016 and I’ve always admired what they share. Lessons: I’ve learnt the power of money (lol). Love is sweeter when you and your husband are rich 😂 .
I’ve learnt the power of relationships! Captain and Toolz have friends in “high places ” hehe.
They support their friends all the time; at weddings and functions, no wonder they have this wonderful string of connection with almost everybody.
3. Pastor Devon Franklin and Meagan Good : Yes! Our own “Think like a man” actor.
You can’t help but admire Devon and Meagan. Their love story is unique and beautiful. They are another couple I can write an epistle about but for today just lessons; Devon and Meagan love the sound of each other’s voices; they listen to one another with rapt attention and they are always in agreement when speaking in public. I’ve learnt that a man should defend his wife and vice versa. Partners should help each other face their fears and overcome them. And finally, partners should not forget but accept their spouse’s “horrible” past and see it as a part of their process.
4. Timi and Busola Dakolo : Do I have to talk? I mean, everybody loves them! Lessons: Don’t choose anything over your partner, not even career. Be proud of who you married. Be yourself with your spouse. Be free to be “hood” if that’s the real you.
5. Pastor Biodun and Pastor Modele Fatoyinbo : No force has the ability to collide with a couple that prays and slays together; this is a major lesson!
6. Chef Ahotin Roberts and Mrs Francisca Roberts : Chef Roberts tied the knots with his heartthrob in 2017 and their marriage though young, is an inspiration to me.
Lesson: Support each other’s dreams.
7. Pastor Olufukeji Ejimi Adegbeye and Hope Mari Adegbeye : My pastor and his wife are a couple for the win; Beauty, Elegance, romance, peace and humor and the fire is still there! I’ve learnt enough from them to write a book!
If you know them well, you must have seen how important it is to marry your friend; this helps you to be real with your partner. I’ve also seen the need as a woman, to marry a spiritual man; husband that can not be your covering, is that one husband? I’ve learnt that being too serious is very bad; let your home be full of laughter and peace.
Mrs Hope Adegbeye is a beautiful representation of a home maker.
8. Bankole Wellington and Adesuwa Etomi Wellington :
Everybody loves #BAAD2017.
Lessons: Spend money on your partner, it’s an investment 😂.
9. Pastor Sam and Pastor Nike Adeyemi : I honor this couple a lot! Anointed and Intelligent husband and wife 😍.
Lessons: If their vision don’t marry yours, don’t marry them! Also, you can slay in modesty.
10. My future husband and I 😂😂😍
Lesson: Follow God and the right people and your marriage will be heaven on earth.
Have a great weekend guys!