Happy Ressurection Tuesday ?? (I don’t know if that is a thing but happy easter anyways)
I’m still writing exams so you won’t be hearing/reading much from me for now.
But I thought it’d be nice to share this for the ladies.
My first devotional this year was “The Proverbial Girl ; Wisdom Values & being Fabulous”, recommended by Oreoluwa. Check out her blog here and youVersion posts here and here.
It was amazing and it blessed me, thank you Ore.
I learnt quite a lot from it but I extracted 15 lessons to share. In case you haven’t come across this devotional before, this will bless you and if you have, it still wwill.
- Measuring your worth by people’s outward appearances or things will only cause low self esteem and insecurity. Your results are inaccurate if you measure with the wrong thing. A Proverbial Girl knows her true value can only be determined when she measures it by the great potential the Father has already placed on the inside of her. (For her price is far above rubies)
- There are certain relationships a girl should cherish and hold well
- Jesus is the only perfect friend
- Being a 5-star friend does not rest on the person you are on the outside but who you are on the inside.
- A good friend knows her friend’s strength and weaknesses
- Be soft and beautiful
- Wake up and pour your heart out to God
- The proverbial girl is consistent and doesn’t give up.
- The key to becoming consistent is planning ahead. Counting the cost. (What am I getting myself into and what will I have to be willing to sacrifice) Being determined and having a great support system to help you along the way.
- A proverbial girl brings life to everyone around. (Emits positive energy)
- Some things make you valuable and some things can destroy your worth. Make a conscious effort to be more involved in the things that make you valuable and begin to pull away from the things that can destroy your value.
- Practice thinking before responding. Make it your goal to respond in a soft and beautiful manner regardless of the situation.
- The Proverbial Girl also knows how important it is to surround herself with encouraging people who love and want to see her succeed in life.
- A Proverbial Girl brings life to everyone around her because she knows she possesses life inside. You may be having the worst day ever, but she has the ability to make your day a whole lot brighter.
- The proverbial girl may not have a perfect life but she has a truly beautiful life because she chooses to.
Join me in reading Proverbial Girl: Wisdom, Values, and Being Fabulous:
Read and live it out