Heartbreak is one of the most painful experiences for any human being but guess what? Jesus can heal even that.
It is painful because we are emotional beings.
When It comes to heartbreak, it is not just when you broke up with a long-term or short-term partner;
It can also be when you experience grief after losing someone you love.
A heartbroken feeling can be a very painful and all-consuming physical, mental, and emotional sensation that takes a toll on your hope.
There are Bible verses for a broken heart.
They serve as healing Scripture to get you through the darker days when depression controls your thoughts.
There have been so many individuals who have committed suicide or indulged in drugs or become alcohol addicts in an attempt to find ways to heal from heartbreaks.
This has led to more harm than good.
God knew that we would experience different painful moments here on earth and He has prepared wonderful Scriptures to help us through those hurtful seasons.
These Bible verses can provide strength when your heart is at its weakest point.
They comfort you when death takes a loved one or when you have a troubled heart after a divorce, separation, or breakup.
I will be sharing Bible verses for broken hearts that will remind you that God loves and care for you.
15 Bible Verses To Heal Heartbreak.
1) Jeremiah 29:11 For I know the plans I have for you,” says the LORD. “They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope. (NLT)
Lessons: God’s plans may not make sense to us as they are happening, but they are always meant to benefit us in the long term.
2) Philippians 4:6-7 Don’t worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done.
7. If you do this, you will experience God’s peace, which is far more wonderful than the human mind can understand. His peace will guard your hearts and minds as you live in Christ Jesus. (NLT)
Lessons: In any challenging and hurtful situation, it is important to hold unto God.
Turn to Him and pray, and He will help your heart, mind, and spirit to recover.
3) Matthew 11:28 Then Jesus said, “Come to me, all of you who are weary and carry heavy burdens, and I will give you rest. (NLT)
4) Revelation 21:4 He will wipe every tear from their eyes. There will be no more death or mourning or crying or pain, for the old order of things has passed away.” (NIV)
Lessons: you may feel alone during your time of heartbreak, but God’s loving hand is always near.
Rely on Him and your path to healing will be made clear.
5) Isaiah 43:18 “Forget the former things; do not dwell on the past. (NIV)
6) Psalm 34:18 The LORD is close to the brokenhearted; he rescues those who are crushed in spirit. (NLT)
Lessons: Though you may feel heartbroken, defeated, and frustrated, God is closer than you realize.
He is always with you and can heal your heart.
7) Isaiah 41:10 Don’t be afraid, for I am with you. Do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you. I will help you. I will uphold you with my victorious right hand. (NLT)
Lessons: when you are feeling lost and confused amidst heartbreak, remember that you are not alone.
8) Romans 5:8 But God showed his great love for us by sending Christ to die for us while we were still sinners. (NLT)
Lessons: God will always be there with you and for you and love you no matter what you are going through.
9) Psalm 30:5 His anger lasts for a moment, but his favor lasts a lifetime! Weeping may go on all night, but joy comes with the morning. (NLT)
Lessons: It is okay to weep after a heartbreak, but you need to understand that you will get through your hurt.
10) Hebrew 13:5-6 Stay away from the love of money; be satisfied with what you have. For God has said, “I will never fail you. I will never forsake you.” (NLT)
6. That is why we can say with confidence, “The Lord is my helper, so I will not be afraid. What can mere mortals do to me?” (NLT)
11) Luke 18:1 One day Jesus told his disciples a story to illustrate their need for constant prayer and to show them that they must never give up. (NLT)
12) Psalm 71:20 You have allowed me to suffer much hardship, but you will restore me to life again and lift me up from the depths of the earth. (NLT)
Lessons: No matter what you have gone through or the troubles you are going through, God has something better planned for you on the other side of them.
13) John 14:27 “I am leaving you with a gift–peace of mind and heart. And the peace I give isn’t like the peace the world gives. So don’t be troubled or afraid. (NLT)
Lessons: This Bible verse reveals the love and peace of the Lord towards you.
You do not have to hold onto hurt because God can supply you with the peace you need.
14) John 1:5 The light shines through the darkness, and the darkness can never extinguish it. (NLT)
15) Romans 8:28 And we know that God causes everything to work together for the good of those who love God and are called according to his purpose for them. (NLT)
Lessons: I know a broken heart can lead to depression but I want you to know that everything works together for the greater good. Never feel counted out.