My Christian life has been sweet, to say the least. Meeting Jesus is the best thing that has happened to me and my life.
This joy that I have is available for everyone.
If you haven’t experienced it, please say this prayer.
“Heavenly father, I’m empty without you. I want to feel the joy and warmth that comes from a relationship with You, Lord Jesus, I surrender my life to you, make it yours.”
Welcome to the family of Christ.
You’re now a Kingdom citizen, get a bible, a book and a pen, join a bible believing church close to you and get filled with the Holy Spirit with the evidence of speaking in tongues.
I carry the Spirit of God – the same Spirit that raised Jesus Christ from the dead on my inside but there are still times when it doesn’t feel like it.
There are times when I feel everything but spiritual. Times when I feel numb and void of God’s presence. Are you familiar with this?
Different things could be responsible for this; an attack from the devil, challenges, polluted atmospheres, a dying prayer and Word life etc.
What do you do when it feels like God has left you?
I devised five ways to come out of this.
- Be still : It may not actually be that you’re spiritually unhealthy; you may just be too occupied and overwhelmed. The first thing to do when you’re so busy that it feels like God has left you, is to stop! There are dimensions of God that you can’t see in a busy atmosphere.
Psalms 46:10 KJV: Be still, and know that I am God: I will be exalted among the heathen, I will be exalted in the earth
- Meditate ; The Word of the Lord is very powerful. The Bible is beyond just a “book”. It is a compendium of mysteries. If sensitive enough, you can actually hear God through constant meditation and reading of the Bible.
Psalms 4;4KJV: Stand in awe, and sin not: commune with your own heart upon your bed, and be still. Selah.
- Worship : Sincere and deep worship in reverence to God, draws His Presence to you. Worship is one of the fastest ways to ascend God’s presence. It’s beyond just music so whether you’re playing worship from your phone or singing with your mouth, your heart must be in tune and aligned. Staying in an atmosphere of worship is called “soaking” in the spirit; this is one of the prices of intimacy with the Holy Spirit.
- Pray in tongues : Tongues are languages in the realm of the Spirit. When you pray in tongues, there is a response in the spiritual realm because it is a language that identifies you as a spiritual being. Praying in tongues or praying in the Spirit is communicating with God and not man. One of the lies the devil uses to deceive Christians is that praying in tongues is not for everyone. The only way to pray effectively is to pray in the spirit. Praying in tongues will revolutionalize your prayer life.
- Fellowship : There are times when I feel like I am spiritually dehydrated and what I do is to go to the midst of Christians to ride on the wings of fellowship in unity. There is a church, fellowship, spiritual movement, youth fellowship et cetera, close to you. Find your way there and soak. This is one of the easiest keys because you’re stepping into an already made atmosphere to tap into what’s available there.
Finally, always be concious of the fact that you carry God’s Spirit.
Have a great weekend, see you next week!
Thank You Blogger Mo’ for this post!
It’s a blessing reading from dupe’s blog!
I love your blog so much!
Awww thank you so much!
This means a lot.
Spot on. Great post dear.
Thanks so much darling
Hallelujah, beautifully said mehn..it just reminds me of an article last month “Christianity At work Place”
Fellowshiping with brethern is an awesome thing to do mehn…speaking in tongue is can make one float in the air lol.
You will see couple of interesting things in the article
Thank you so much, I’ll check the link out.
When I see like minds like this, it trips me. I love your content. As for speaking in tongues my dear, I desire the gift oo. But I believe my relationship with God at this level, where I talk to Him like a son talks to the father is fine.
I just don’t want to be speaking in tongues and find out am actually immitating one preacher or someone I have heard kabashing. I hope you get.
I know one day it would just come from the gronnings of my spirit. I have experienced that ones when the Holy Spirit woke me up at night to pray for my sister who later had an accident the following day but did not loose he life.
Prayed in tongues for 2hurs but as I did not know what I was even saying. Untill I felt an ease in my spirit that I stoped speaking whatever language I was speaking. All I knew was that I was praying for my sister. I only found out why that happened when I received the call the next morning she has the accident.
All other facts are what I work at growing in.
Thanks dear. Stay consistent. Such blogs may not be trendy because of what you are about. But trust me when I say, YOU ARE TRENDING IN THE KINGDOM. ????
Hello George. Thanks for commenting.
About speaking in tongues, wow! I’ll chat you up. This thing must fall on you o heheh??…
Whenever I’m praying in tongues and I find myself speaking in my spiritual father’s tongues, I’m know I have touched something in another realm, ayayayayaya???.. But you’re right, it’s not just about imitation.
When you pray in tongues, you’re not necessarily supposed to understand what you’re saying cos you speak to God and not man. I love your hunger and passion tho, that’s the first requirement to going deeper with God.
Thank you dear. I will stay consistent. We have to trend for Jesus. He’s so cool! I can’t even help it, I just have to blog Jesus!
Love you too ♥
P.S : Expect my message on WhatsApp
though my first time here, but I think I love this blog already, please keep keeping us updated .
Awwwwn thank you so much.
Please subscribe via your email so you’ll get notified of new posts.
I do speak in tongues but sometimes, I just stop when I have the feeling that I’ve sinned or done something wrong earlier and I’m just decieving myself… pls any advice?.. thanks
Please don’t stop. Stopping doesn’t make you better or reduce your sin.
You can only become less conscious of sin when you become dead to self. And that can not happen if you keep running away from God anytime you feel guilty.
Draw nearer to God, seek Him deeper. Pray in tongues and study His Word and speak it; You are the righteousness of God in Christ Jesus.
Every voice that accuses you and makes you feel guilty is not of God. Take authority over it through God’s Word.
You are a work in progress. Bless you ❤.
Waaaw, you just made be feel better by reading this. I’m happy I did. Thank you Dupe