Failing to acknowledge and involve God as you plan for next year, is pride.
Yes, I said it.
This is the time of the year when everyone is writing and talking about “goal setting” and how to do it rightly. Everyone seems to know the best way and everything.
Brethren, setting smashing goals is important but hearing from God is “importanter”.
And let the church say…
Proverbs 16:9 NIV:In their hearts humans plan their course, but the Lord establishes their steps.
The reasons you should involve God in your goal setting are numerous.
I say all the time that “some things do not take time, they take God“.
Some of the things you wrote down, won’t happen even in your wildest dreams unless God is involved.
Also, I think it’s very important to set your goals alongside scriptures and prayers because it aligns you and makes you know what God wants.
Prov 16:3 AMP:Roll your works upon the Lord [commit and trust them wholly to Him; He will cause your thoughts to become agreeable to His will, and] so shall your plans be established and succeed.
Seeking God’s face as you set your goals gives you clarity and saves you from many unnecessary mistakes, it helps you know what goals to even set.
Seeking God’s face gives you strength and reminds you that you’re not alone.
I even recommend that you write these scriptures and everything God says to you, alongside your goals so that you’re constantly reminded of them when you go back to read your goals.
Please pray and study these scriptures as you set goals for the coming year.
1. Psalm 127:1KJV: Except the Lord build the house, they labour in vain that build it: except the Lord keep the city, the watchman waketh but in vain.
3. Proverbs 29:18AMP: Where there is no vision [no redemptive revelation of God], the people perish; but he who keeps the law [of God, which includes that of man]—blessed (happy, fortunate, and enviable) is he.
4. Habakkuk 2:3AMP: For the vision is yet for an appointed time and it hastens to the end [fulfillment]; it will not deceive or disappoint. Though it tarry, wait [earnestly] for it, because it will surely come; it will not be behindhand on its appointed day.
5. Luke 14:28AMP: For which of you, wishing to build a farm building, does not first sit down and calculate the cost [to see] whether he has sufficient means to finish it?
6. Romans 12:2NIV: Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God’s will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will
7. 2 Chronicles 15:7AMP: Be strong, therefore, and let not your hands be weak and slack, for your work shall be rewarded.
8. Hebrews 10:35-36NIV: So do not throw away your confidence; it will be richly rewarded NIV:You need to persevere so that when you have done the will of God, you will receive what he has promised
9. Proverbs 21:5ESV: The plans of the diligent lead surely to abundance, but everyone who is hasty comes only to poverty.
10. Philippians 3:14NIV: I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus.
11. Philippians 4:13AMP: I have strength for all things in Christ Who empowers me [I am ready for anything and equal to anything through Him Who infuses inner strength into me; I am self-sufficient in Christ’s sufficiency].
12. Psalm 37:4-5KJV: Delight thyself also in the Lord: and he shall give thee the desires of thine heart.KJV:Commit thy way unto the Lord; trust also in him; and he shall bring it to pass.
13. Psalm 37:7KJV: Rest in the Lord, and wait patiently for him:
14. Proverbs 15:22NIV: Plans fail for lack of counsel, but with many advisers they succeed.
15. Isaiah 32:8ESV: But he who is noble plans noble things, and on noble things he stands.
16. Isaiah 40:28ESV: Have you not known? Have you not heard? The Lord is the everlasting God, the Creator of the ends of the earth. He does not faint or grow weary; his understanding is unsearchable.
17. Isaiah 40:29ESV: He gives power to the faint, and to him who has no might he increases strength.
18. Isaiah 40:30-31ESV: Even youths shall faint and be weary, and young men shall fall exhausted;ESV:but they who wait for the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings like eagles; they shall run and not be weary; they shall walk and not faint.
19. Isaiah 55:8-9ESV: For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, declares the Lord.ESV:For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts.
20. Isaiah 55:10-11ESV: “For as the rain and the snow come down from heaven and do not return there but water the earth, making it bring forth and sprout, giving seed to the sower and bread to the eater, :so shall my word be that goes out from my mouth; it shall not return to me empty, but it shall accomplish that which I purpose, and shall succeed in the thing for which I sent it.
21. Matthew 17:20ESV For truly, I say to you, if you have faith like a grain of mustard seed, you will say to this mountain, ‘Move from here to there,’ and it will move, and nothing will be impossible for you.”
22. Matthew 19:26ESV: But Jesus looked at them and said, “With man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible.”
23. Ephesians 3:20NIV: Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us,
24. Hebrews 12:1-2
25. 2 Timothy 2:15AMP: Study and be eager and do your utmost to present yourself to God approved (tested by trial), a workman who has no cause to be ashamed, correctly analyzing and accurately dividing [rightly handling and skillfully teaching] the Word of Truth.
Finally, I pray that God sends you help from Zion. May He give you the desire of your heart and make all your plans succeed and may 2019 be a productive and fulfilling year.- Psalm 20:4
God bless you.