What does it mean to be indispensable?
Absolutely necessary, essential, or requisite: an indispensable member of the staff. incapable of being disregarded or neglected.
People get relieved of their formal duties everyday and they get replaced by others.
Even though many are of the opinion that “no one is irreplaceable”, that is not entirely true. You can get to a point where the thought of you leaving scares your employer.
Becoming an indispensable and irreplaceable staff doesn’t mean there will be no one to fill your role when you’re gone. No, it only means it’ll be very hard to find someone to completely fill your role.
Here are 10 powerful keys to becoming very essential.
1. Be valuable; Ensure you’re not just available but also useful, in line with the work you’re asked to do in the organization. If asked to let go of anyone, your employer will likely let go of the “bench warmers ” first.
2. Your aim should be the growth of the organization and not money: Have or create passion for the organization. This will enable you give your all to ensure the growth even when the pay isn’t too good.
3. Build a good relationship with your boss and other people: Ensure you establish good rapport with your boss, this will help you learn more on how things are done. Also with people, as you need the recommendation of people anywhere.
4. Be honest and trustworthy: People genuinely respect honesty. Trustworthy employees are not too easy to come by, so no employer will let go of a trustworthy staff.
5. Take criticisms gracefully: See criticism as an avenue to grow and evolve. Be committed to becoming better than you already are.
6. Constantly improve yourself: Here are some ways you can be develop yourself in your field of assignment ➡ here
7. Find your place: You may be a good staff, but you won’t amount to much if you’re placed where you can’t function, so ensure you’re doing something you can.
8. Be productive: Being busy is not being productive. You are productive when you have notable results to show at the end of a task.
9. Be Committed: Commitment keeps you going when feelings are gone.
10. Be consistent, firm and reliable.
Whatever your hand finds to do, do it with all your might, for in the realm of the dead, where you are going, there is neither working nor planning nor knowledge nor wisdom. – King Solomon
Amazing. God bless you sweetie.
Amen! Thank you so much mama