Personal development is the key that gives you access to people you admire and respect.
– Elisha Mamman
The Power Of Personal Development was the theme of the July edition of the winning mindset, (a platform established by Elisha Mamman for young people to live a life of intentionality and to explore and develop their potentials).
It held at the Post Graduate School of the Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria.
I was privileged to be in attendance and it was an amazing time of mind upgrade and paradigm shift.
I got to meet and network with young and intelligent minds.
I met a couple of blog readers too who were really excited to see me.
The program commenced around 9am on Saturday, 27th July, 2019 with Niyi Soyinka, speaking on character development.
Below are snippets from his session.
Your skill and competence will almost always take you to the top but character will sustain you there.
Watch your thoughts, they determine your words.
Watch your words, they determine your actions.
Watch your actions, they determine your habits.
Watch your habits, they determine your destiny.
10 Strong values you need as gleaned from Fela Durotoye
- You must make a positive impact everywhere you go and on everyone you meet.
- Be a solution provider and not a part of the problems to be solved.
- Be a role model worthy of emulation.
- Be your best in the things you do particularly in the things that you are naturally good at.
- Do the right things at all time regardless of who is doing the wrong thing.
- Value time and make the best use of it. Time doesn’t change anything it’s what you do with it.
- Care and show respect through your words and actions.
- Consciously build a legacy starting now and today.
- Live a life of integrity and honour.
- Make your family, nation and your world proud.
The convener of the winning mindset, Elisha Mamman spoke next on Personal development.
Our value as humans is in who we become and not what we have.
The 4 Ds of personal development;
1. Discover: You must explore and discover who you are (character), what you have (resources), what you can do (ability) and what you love to do (passion).
2. Develop: Build strength, improve quality and become better.
3. Deploy (effective use): harness everything you have.
4. Duplicate: Replicate who you are in others.
Personal development is a process that is practical, intentional and an investment.
He ended by saying personal development is the key that gives you access to people you admire and respect.
The last speaker Alex Osagie spoke on Developing Competence.
The “KSAE Model” that makes for competence; Knowledge, Skills, Attitude and Ability.
As humans, we already have abilities. But we must develop and gain mastery at them. You must expand your mind and think ahead of now.
Stop being SLIM (Scared, Lazy, Indecisive and Mediocre) and choose to be FAT (Faithful, Accessible, Teachable).
The program ended at 2pm with a vote of thanks given by Niyi Soyinka.
Thanks for the highlight Dupe!. I am a new subscriber and I am enjoying your content. Good job and more divine insights.
Amen! So good to have you here Yolanda. God bless you
This is definitely an awesome highlight of the just concluded Winning Mindset july edition. You rock Dupsy!
Thank you Basil!