Personal development is the key that gives you access to people you admire and respect.
The Power Of Personal Development was the theme of the July edition of the winning mindset, (a platform established by Elisha Mamman for young people to live a life of intentionality and to explore and develop their potentials).
The program commenced around 9am on Saturday, 27th July, 2019 with Niyi Soyinka, speaking on character development.
10 Strong values you need as gleaned from Fela Durotoye
- You must make a positive impact everywhere you go and on everyone you meet.
- Be a solution provider and not a part of the problems to be solved.
- Be a role model worthy of emulation.
- Be your best in the things you do particularly in the things that you are naturally good at.
- Do the right things at all time regardless of who is doing the wrong thing.
- Value time and make the best use of it. Time doesn’t change anything it’s what you do with it.
- Care and show respect through your words and actions.
- Consciously build a legacy starting now and today.
- Live a life of integrity and honour.
- Make your family, nation and your world proud.
The 4 Ds of personal development;
2. Develop: Build strength, improve quality and become better.
3. Deploy (effective use): harness everything you have.
4. Duplicate: Replicate who you are in others.
Personal development is a process that is practical, intentional and an investment.
He ended by saying personal development is the key that gives you access to people you admire and respect.
The last speaker Alex Osagie spoke on Developing Competence.
As humans, we already have abilities. But we must develop and gain mastery at them. You must expand your mind and think ahead of now.
Stop being SLIM (Scared, Lazy, Indecisive and Mediocre) and choose to be FAT (Faithful, Accessible, Teachable).
The program ended at 2pm with a vote of thanks given by Niyi Soyinka.